About the Markforged X7 Composite 3D Printer
Built from the ground up for reliable performance, the Markforged X7 industrial 3D printer delivers breakthrough quality and precision in 3D printing. The top-of-the-line industrial grade platform features a strengthened dual nozzle print system that supports Continuous Carbon Fiber and Kevlar reinforcement. Laser inspection scans parts mid-print to ensure dimensional accuracy for the most critical tolerances.
Want to see sample parts? Contact us now.
The Markforged X7 uses CFF 3D printing technology. This allows users to combine the incredibly strength of fiberglass, carbon fiber or Kevlar with the durability and toughness of Markforged Onyx.
The Markforged X7 vs Machining
Keep your production line running at full speed. Reduce lead time and cost on end effectors by printing on-site same day tooling. Print new tools and functional replacements for old parts. Save time and money with carbon fiber 3D printing.
Typical Machined Cost
Markforged Printed Cost
The Markforged X7 Hardware
Featuring the unique dual nozzle print system, the X7 unlocks the ability to weave a strand of Continuous Fiberglass throughout a part to make it as strong as metal. Add that to the all-aluminum unibody enclosure, ultra-flat gantry system, machined aluminum stage with kinematic bed coupling, motor encoders and calibration laser, and tie it all together with software.
330 mm x 270 mm x 200 mm
FFF and CFF
The Markforged X7 Has Laser Precision
With a built-in laser micrometer, the X7 automatically scans the print bed with 1um accuracy to generate a contour map of its surface. By calibrating its measurements with extrusion readings to perfectly set nozzle height and active topography adjustment, the X7 ensures your prints come out exactly how you want them.
Markforged X7 Printer Compared to Stratasy
- The X7 sets the bar – built from the ground up for reliable performance, the X7 delivers breakthrough quality and precision in 3D printing.
- A top-of-the-line industrial grade platform features a strengthened dual nozzle print system that supports Continuous Carbon Fiber and Kevlar reinforcement.
- These parts are as strong as machined aluminum, and 40% lighter -- 22.6x stronger and 24.8x stifer than ABS.
- At 50 micron layer height, the X7’s resolution yields parts unmatched in accuracy and surface fnish.
- The X7 features laser inspection that scans parts mid-print to ensure dimensional accuracy for the most critical tolerances
Markforged X7 3D Printer Specifications
Process Continuous Fiber Reinforced Plastics
Build Volume 330 x 270 x 200 mm (13 x 10.6 x 7.9 in)
Weight 48 kg (106 lbs)
Machine Footprint 584 x 483 x 914 mm (23 x 19 x 36 in)
Print Bed Flat to within 80 um - Kinematic coupling
Laser In Process Inspection, Active Print Calibration, Bed Level- ing
Power 100-240VAC, 150W (2A peak)
Layer Height 100um default, 50um minimum Ultimate Tensile Strength 700 MPa (22.6x ABS, 19.4x Onyx) Max Flexural Stiffness 51 GPa (24.8x ABS, 17.6x Onyx)
Infill Closed Cell Infill: Multiple geometries available
Supplied Software Markforged Eiger - Cloud Storage, Local Storage, or
- Fully On-Premise ($5,000 added fee)
Security Two Factor Auth, Org Admin Access, Single Sign On
Plastics Available Onyx, Tough Nylon
Fibers Available Carbon Fiber, Fiberglass, Kevlar, High Strength/High Temp